IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) and IEEE Eta Kappa Nu (HKN) Awards
Deadline to submit a completed nomination for 2016 is 2 May.
** Please note: This EAB Awards portal is not automatically connected to your IEEE Account and password. You will need to create a new account to submit your nomination.**
IEEE Educational Activities Board (EAB) Awards recognize and honor individuals and companies for major contributions to engineering and technical education. THE IEEE HKN Awards recognize outstanding accomplishments by students, professors, and industry professionals who make significant contributions to society and who exemplify a balance of scholarship, service, leadership and character. Please use this web site to complete a nomination for the following EAB and HKN Awards.
Types of Awards
EAB Awards are given for:
- Meritorious Achievement in Accreditation Activities
- Meritorious Achievement in Continuning Education
- Meritorious Achievement in Informal Education
- Pre-University Education
- Major Educational Innovation
- Meritorious Service to IEEE EAB
- Standards Education
- Employer Professional Development
- Section Professional Development
- Society / Council Professional Development
IEEE-EAB Scholarship Awards
- IEEE Life Members Graduate Study Fellowship in Electrical Engineering
- The Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Graduate Scholarship
HKN Awards are given for
- Outstanding Chapter Award
- Alton B. Zerby and Carl T. Koerner Outstanding Student Award
- Outstanding Young Professional Award
- C. Holmes MacDonald Outstanding Teaching Award
- Vladimir Karapetoff Outstanding Technical Achievement Award
- Eminent Member Recognition
- Distinguished Service Award
Various EAB and HKN awards are given to individuals working in engineering education, professional development, and accreditation activities. View the EAB Award descriptions to find out more about a particular EAB award, and view the HKN Award descriptions to find out more about HKN awards.
Graduate Student Fellowships / Scholarships
The IEEE Life Members Garduate Study Fellowship in Electrical Enginering and the Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Graduate Scholarship are awarded to graduate students in electrical engineering. View the IEEE Life Members Graduate Study Fellowship in Electrical Enginering or The Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Graduate Scholarship descriptions for additional information.
Previous Recipients of EAB Awards
Self-nominations are only permitted for the IEEE Life Members Graduates Study Fellowship in Electrical Engineering and The Charles LeGeyt Fortescue Graduate Scholarship.